It’s an age-old adage that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. However, it’s become increasingly common to opt out or simply, lose out, on the foundation of any well fueled day – the break of the night-time fast.
There are so many variables contributing to the decline in populairty of breakfast: ranging from time stresses, lack of healthy, convenient breakfast options, preferences around early-day fasting and general lifestyle choices.
However, despite this downward trend, many bodies of research have linked eating breakfast to good health, including better memory and concentration, lower levels of bad cholesterol, and lower chances of getting diabetes, heart disease, and being overweight.
Skipping the morning meal can throw off your body’s rhythm of fasting and eating. When you wake up, the blood sugar your body needs to make your muscles and brain work their best is usually low. Breakfast helps replenish it.
Benefits of Eating Breakfast:
- breakfast is proven to kickstart your metabolism
- breakfast tides of fatigue and increases concentration power
- breakfast fuels our minds and bodies after a night of fasting, providing energy to take on the day’s tasks
- breakfast stabilises insulin and glucose levels
- breakfast lines the gut, preventing acid build up and indigestion
Ideas for a healthy start to the day:
Obviously our Granola and our On The Go Range is the perfect start to the day, even for the busiest of individuals. However, here are a few other ideas, even ones that our granola can be used as part of
- acai and granola bowls
- avocado toast
- poached eggs, salmon and spinach
Why not visit our recipes page for more breakfast inspiration.